In 2021 we began work on a new cabin and bunkie for our own families in Calabogie, just west of Ottawa. We’re also planning to offer the main cabin and the bunkie for rental starting this summer.
We won’t be ready to list on Airbnb until we have completed interior photography, but for our log home followers, this is a perfect opportunity to book the cabin (and bunkie) for one of the first spots this summer!
Read on for full details and how to book for this summer!
This custom built log home is the perfect getaway for your family, two smaller families, or a larger group. Enjoy all that Calabogie has to offer in all four seasons, just minutes from our front door.
Amenities found in both dwellings:
- Self check-in
- Smart TV, Netflix
- Heating and air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Hair dryer
- Towels, bed linens, soap, toilet paper
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Kitchen ready for cooking
- Keurig coffee maker, kettle
- Outdoor furniture / dining
- Smoke alarm, carbon monoxide detector, fire extinguisher, first aid kit
Please note that pets are not allowed.
Poplar: Main House
The main house has more than 2,500 sq ft over two levels, including a bonus “away space” in a small loft and a large games room on the lower level. Outdoor spaces include a screened in porch and a large deck.
- Sleeps 10 to 12 (4 bedrooms: each floor has a queen bedroom and a bedroom with single + double bunkbed)
- 2.5 baths
- Gourmet kitchen
- Living/dining space with deck
- Screened in porch
- Games room (pool table, dart board, basketball game, tv)
- Quiet “away room” in unique half-loft space / dedicated work space
- Fireplace + guard
- 3 – 4 parking spots
The bunkie is situated a short distance from the main house. It offers 734 sq ft for up to another four people, along with an efficient kitchen, combined living/dining area with a small wood fire, and a bathroom. A truly sweet spot!
- Sleeps 2 to 4 (queen bedroom and loft)
- Galley kitchen
- Cosy living/dining room
- Efficient wood burning fire
- Ground floor queen bedroom
- Additional loft space sleeps two
- Full bathroom
- Fireplace + guard
- 1 – 2 parking spots
House – $450 / night, 5% weekly discount, 20% monthly discount
Bunkie – $275 / night, 5% weekly discount, 20% monthly discount
Combined – $650 / night, 5% weekly discount, 15% monthly discount
Special monthly rates available on request.
659 Poplar Way, Calabogie
This unique modern log home with companion bunkie is located in a forest setting with views of the ski hill, just a 5-minute drive from the property.
It’s also just 5 minutes to the golf course, public beach, and Calabogie lake /boat launch.
Trails for 4-wheelers and skidoos are right in front of property.
Finally, Calabogie village restaurants are also just 5 minutes away.
As a KT follower, this is a great opportunity to book one of the first spots of the 2022 season.
If you’d like to book a spot this summer, please fill in the simple form below and we’ll firm up details by email or text, including a deposit amount that can be paid by e-transfer.
Request 2022 Booking
The cabin and bunkie will be available as of July 1st, 2022.