We’ve shifted the timing a bit, and hope to see you on June 22nd from 3 to 9pm!
Open house details
We’ve switched to a Thursday afternoon and evening, and hope we might see you!
- Open House at 659 Poplar Way, Calabogie, ON, just west of Ottawa.
- Thursday, June 22nd from 3 – 9pm. No need to register – just show up.
Poplar Cabin & Bunkie
This is a great opportunity for Ottawa-area folks interested in building a sustainable log home or secondary dwelling to experience first-hand the Kealey Tackaberry difference. We get raves every time we open our doors.
Both the main cabin (two-storey plus bonus loft space) and the bunkie (smart ground floor plus sleeping / exercise loft) were built using locally sourced white pine and white cedar and were constructed with exceptional energy efficiency in mind.
Heating and cooling is provided by modern air source based heat pumps, which use very little energy, making these properties cheaper to run.
- structural post and beam with visible logs
- interior walls: drywall, stone, and wood finishes
- exterior walls: engineered wood siding and stone
- four bedrooms, 2.5 baths
- huge kitchen/living great room
- “away” space in a unique loft
- games room, huge deck
Poplar Bunkie/Coach Home
- handcrafted round log building
- average 16″ diameter for logs, solid and natural
- one bedroom, one bath
- compact yet comfortable living/dining space with efficient kitchen
- loft “away” space
- elegant walk-out deck with integrated round log benches