Interested in building a log or timberframe home? Here’s another chance to spend time in a gorgeous log home and companion bunkie built by the Kealey Tackaberry team!
Save the date!
- Open House at 659 Poplar Way, Calabogie, ON, just west of Ottawa.
- Saturday, June 24th. No need to register – just show up.
Poplar Cabin & Bunkie
Constructed as a luxurious getaway for our own families, The Poplar Cabin and a companion bunkie or secondary dwelling sit on a gorgeous forested plot in popular Calabogie, just west of Ottawa.
We’re opening our doors again in late June 2023! This is a great opportunity for Ottawa-area folks interested in building a sustainable log home or secondary dwelling to experience first-hand the Kealey Tackaberry difference.
Both dwellings were built using locally sourced white pine and white cedar and were constructed with exceptional energy efficiency in mind. Heating and cooling is provided by modern air source based heat pumps, which use very little energy.
- structural post and beam with visible logs
- interior walls: drywall, stone, and wood finishes
- exterior walls: engineered wood siding and stone
- four bedrooms, 2.5 baths
- huge kitchen/living great room
- “away” space in a unique loft
- games room, huge deck
Poplar Bunkie/Coach Home
- handcrafted round log building
- average 16″ diameter for logs, solid and natural
- one bedroom, one bath
- compact yet comfortable living/dining space with efficient kitchen
- loft “away” space
- elegant walk-out deck with integrated round log benches